The advanced Saf-T-Bar system reflects the basic Howell engineering concept of an integral insulated conductor, which provides
years of safe, economical trouble-free service. It is designed for compact, low-cost installation and minimum
- Metal Guideways (not plastic) assure positive tracking of collector shoe. Collector tracks with or
without insulating cover
- Flat Contact Surface for long conductor wear and greatest possible sliding contact area
- Contact Shoe with flat contact surface of sintered copper and graphite, self-lubricating for effective
draw of current to collectors
- Skin-Tight Insulation runs cooler; will not deform under clamp pressure. Standard insulation is
160°F, high heat insulation is 265°F, or extremely high heat insulation is 450°.
- Compact Mounting of conductor in vertical or horizontal position without special parts for
- Epicentric Collector Head Mount maintains full face contact of collector shoe with conductor. Gives
freedom of motion and makes possible negotiating large gaps
As an alternate to Series S, choose one of Howell's other modern metal channel systems, with their superior design and
functional features. e.g. Saf-T-Bar Series C, Series J
or Series T.